A spaghetti Bolognese, the iconic Italian dish in Italian called Ragù alla Bolognese originated in the Italian city Bologna. This pasta conquered the world and is loved by young and old. Through the years I had the privilege to work with some Italian Chefs and they all have their own recipe so today want to share with you guys my personal recipe a version that is a result of mixing some of those recipes into my master piece.
Is this the best Bolognese ever? Well, no cause my Grandma's was the best but I'm aiming for silver here today. Serve the sauce with a pasta you like and some bread and Parmesan cheese.
Same sauce is used to make a Lasagna Alla Bolognese which we will take on in the coming weeks. Hope you'll try my recipe out some day and let me know how it was. Enjoy!
500 gr ground beef
500 gr mixed ground pork and veal
1 sweet bell pepper
2 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp italian seasoning
1/2 tsp curry
4 tsp tomato paste
500 ml passata (sieved tomatoes)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp salt
pepper to taste
pinch of chili
2 cloves garlic
1 large cooking pot
1. Peel and chop the onions and the carrot in fine cubes and dice the sweet bell pepper.
2. Put some olive oil in your cooking pot, add the onion, carrot and sweet pepper. Stir fry on low fire until the onion is glazed.
3. Add the beef and the garlic fine cut.
4. Add the basil, oregano, italian seasoning, curry, salt and pepper, pinch of chili and stir fry until your beef is done and broken into little pieces.
5. Add the tomato paste and stir fry for 3 more minutes, then add the passata and leave it cooking on a really small fire for at least 30 minutes, flavor and structure will be better if you cooked for 2 hours (if doing this add 200 ml water).
TIP: For the best result in taste make your sauce a day in advance.
#pastas #oliveoil #foodie #homecooking #instafood #foodgram #fastrecipe #fastandtasty #instagood #foodstagram #foodblogfeed #instafoodie #noodles #foodies #bolognese #feedme #food #homecooked #foryou #munchies #homechef #saltandpepper #meatlovers #beef #italian #pasta #parmesan #cheese #lunchideas #ragu