Boston Cream Pie
Oh God, it is the first time I make this cake as someone challenged me to, I must admit that it is an awesome cake, the soft sponge of this cake with that incredible pastry cream in the middle and the flavor of that black chocolate ganache is really a trick, maybe by reading the recipe you will see a lot of steps, but I can assure you it is totally worthy.
Hope you’ll try it out enjoy it!
Stay safe and stay healthy my friends!
4 tbsp butter
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1/3 cup milk
2 egg yolks
1 1/2 cups milk
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
1/8 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
60 ml heavy cream
100 gr dark chocolate
1 tbsp butter
1. For the Cake, pre-heat the oven to 180º C
2. Butter and flour a 18 cm baking mold.
3. Whisk together the dry ingredients and set aside.
4. Combine milk and butter in a small pan and set over very low heat until boil.
5. Beat the eggs and the sugar with an electric mixer on high speed, until thickened and whitened and then add the dry ingredients little by little.
6. Lower the speed to medium and add the vanilla and the hot milk with butter and mix for around five minutes, then pour the mix on the mold and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Take out of the oven, let it set for 10 minutes, unmold and let it cool in a metal rack.
8. For the filling, while the cake is cooling down, beat the egg yolks with a fork or wire whisk until mixed and stir in 1 1/2 cups milk, set aside.
9. Mix the 1/3 cup granulated sugar, the cornstarch and 1/8 teaspoon on a bowl.
10. Gradually stir egg and milk into sugar mix. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 2 minute; remove from heat.
11. Add the vanilla and whisk. Press plastic wrap on surface of filling to prevent a tough layer from forming on top. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
12. When the filling is cool down, cut in half your cake to create two levels and place all the pastry cream between the layers.
13. Now is time for the chocolate ganache, in a small pan, put the 60 ml of heavy cream and bring to boil in medium fire, when boiling, take out of the fire and add the chocolate and the butter and keep mixing until the chocolate is totally melted, when done, let the ganache rest for 15 minutes and then put it on top of your cake making sure that some of the ganache comes dropping from the top.
14. Cool the cake for 1 hr and is ready to enjoy!
#cake #cakes #kuchen #backen #chocolate #food #dessert #cakesofinstagram #bakersgonnabake #instacake #instafood #bostoncreampie #bostoncream #baking #cakestagram #cakedesign #homemade #sweet #bakery #foodie #delicious #cakeart #pastry #pastrycream #chocolatecake #bakeandshare #tgif #feedfeed #yummy #chocolateganache