Turnip Soup with Truffle
In this cold winter season I love a good thick and rich soup but as a chef I also like to give a special twist to this comforting bowls. So this Turnip soup is always flavored with some truffle before hitting the table at home.
The aroma from the truffle blends so well with the earth taste of the turnips and the potatoes that are the base of this amazing soup. It's a super easy recipe which can't go wrong and with the truffle you'll surprise your guests time after time. The basic ingredients are onion, leek, turnips, veggie stock, salt and pepper and just before serving you hit it with some truffle paste or white truffle oil.
Hope you'll try this special version out and let me know how it was.
500 gr turnips
2 large potatoes
1 leek (only use the white part)
2 liter veggie or chicken stock
Truffle paste or oil
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp butter
1. First wash and peel all your veggies and chop them up in chunks.
2. Put some butter in your cooking pot, add all the veggies and stir fry them on a low fire until they are glazed.
3. Add salt and pepper and the stock. Cook for about 30 minutes.
4. Blend the soup, let it cook for 5 more minutes and blend again. Blending it twice will get a smoother and better binding of your soup.
5. Taste and if needed season with salt and pepper.
6. Just before serving add a tea spoon of truffle paste or a tsp of white truffle oil.
7. Serve with some roasted bread for the ultimate taste experience. Enjoy!
#cooking #tasty #soup #foodie #homecooking #instafood #foodgram #fastrecipe #fastandtasty #instagood #foodstagram #foodblogfeed #instafoodie #foodphotography #foodies #foodbloggers #feedme #food #homecooked #foryou #munchies #homechef #saltandpepper #vegan #vegetarian #potato #turnip #truffle #truffel #lunchideas #soups