Today I bring you this delightful and very simple classic italian recipe that will leave you with cravings for more, it can be used as an appetizer in your meals or parties as well as a side dish. The version I present to you today is a healthier variant of the original one, but I guarantee that taste wise is equally good.
Hope you guys enjoy making it!
500 gr tomato passata
1 small onion diced
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
100 gr grated mozzarella cheese
100 gr grated parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp salt
pinch of pepper
small cooking pot
square baking mold
1. Put the small cooking pot in mid fire and add the olive oil when hot.
2. Then add the onions and let it glaze.
3. Add the tomato passata, the tomato paste, the garlic powder, the oregano, salt and pepper and give it a mix. Let it cook for 45 min in low fire mixing once in a while.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 200 ºC
5. Slice the eggplant in thin longitudinal slices.
6. Grill the eggplant slices in the grill pan to take out the water excess.
7. When both, the tomato sauce and the eggplants are done, is time to build the eggplant parmesan. To do so, grab the baking mold and start with a layer of tomato sauce, then add a layer of eggplant (similar to what you do when building a lasagna), then a layer of mozzarella cheese, followed by a layer of parmesan cheese and repeat one more time.
8. Take to the oven for 30 minutes (or until the cheese is golden).
#cooking #tasty #foodie #homecooking #instafood #foodgram #fastrecipe #fastandtasty #instagood #foodstagram #foodblogfeed #instafoodie #foodphotography #foodies #foodbloggers #feedme #food #homecooked #foryou #eggplant #eggplantrecipe #eggplantrecipes #italianfood #italianrecipe #italianrecipes #italianclassic #parmesan #parmesancheese